Agency: Fast Track
Client: Lucocade Sport
Tagged in: Sponsorships
Overview / Objectives
- Appointed in 1999 to increase the brand’s credibility as the number one sports drink and sports nutrition provider in the UK using partnership arrangements with elite athletes and clubs across multiple sports
- To develop long and short term sponsorship strategies in line with wider brand plans, and to lead contract negotiations and manage relationships with sponsorship properties
- To develop activation strategies that enhance the current sponsorship inventory as well as any new avenues for brand development and sales
- To work with the client’s roster agencies to develop and integrate the sponsorship into their marketing communications programmes
Strategy / Solution
- Maintaining the brand’s foothold as ‘the’ sports drink of top flight football in the UK, through sponsorship of the Barclays Premier League clubs, the FA and grass roots football throughout the country.
- Putting scientific research and credibility at the heart of the brand and all creative, demonstrating the proven range of benefits that the products can provide to sporting performance.
- Engaging with over quarter of a million runners through a programme of more than 40 mass participation running events including the Flora London Marathon. This has included the development of training plans and activities that focus on engaging with runners from start to finish
- Delivering an ongoing activation programme within the gym environment through a partnership with Fitpro, the leading provider of group fitness classes and personal trainer education in the UK
- Lucozade Sport is an integral part of elite athlete training and preparation. National, regional media coverage has been consistently secured for all sponsorship campaigns which have contributed to annual double digit sales growth since 1999
- Lucozade Sport continues to dominate market share in the UK sports drinks market and has led growth in the category consistently across this period